Potato is such a humble ingredient but one can do wonders with it by adding spices, flavours, herbs etc. They are my go to item when I am looking for a side to meat. This simple dish is a sure hit on the table as I have never had any left overs. It is such an easy recipe with just 6 ingredients which includes salt and pepper :). I like using baby potatoes as they look pretty but feel free to use any waxy potato variety, you can mix red skin and yellow skin for even a prettier look. Here is how the recipe goes:
Potatoes 2 lbs
Butter 4 tbsp
Salt 3/4 tsp
Black Pepper 1/2 tsp
Parsley 1 Cup finely chopped
Chicken Stock/Water 1/2 cup
- Heat a heavy bottom pan or a dutch oven.
- Add the butter and when it starts browning on the edges, slide the washed potatoes in it.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and coat the potatoes well with butter mixture.
- Put two third of the parsley and add water or chicken stock.
- Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cover the pot. Let the potatoes steam till they are fork tender and there is no water left. If you can still see some water, increase the heat and dry it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley to freshen up the flavours and colours and serve hot.
You may need to adjust the amount of water depending on the size of your potatoes.